Why doesn't anyone hear me?
If no one can hear, try these steps:
- Make sure that your microphone is connected.
- Make sure that your microphone isn't disabled. On Windows, you can right click the speaker icon in your taskbar tray (typically the bottom right), click "Recording devices", and make sure the volume indicators are lighting up when you talk.
- Make sure that you aren't muted in TeamSpeak. If you are, the microphone with the X button would be "pressed" on the toolbar.
- Make sure that TeamSpeak is set to use the right recording device. Go to "Options" under the "Settings" menu, go to "Capture," and look at the list under "Capture Devices."
- Check to see if you have push-to-talk key enabled, and if you do, try pressing it. You can see these settings on the same "Capture" settings page.
- Try the "Begin Test" button on the settings dialog to hear yourself when you try to speak. If you have push-to-talk enabled, depress that assigned button while testing.