The server system appears to have lost power over the last 8 hours and the Minecraft server(s) are currently down. I'll boot up the Minecraft servers once I feel as though the situation is stable.
Due to the unexpected nature of the system shutting down, and because the Minecraft servers sit on RAM disks (which are flushed to hard disks periodically), there may have been some data loss.
- Vincent's world still has to be reset. It is still running 1.2.5 with the old world.
- Alice's world will be reset as soon as a notable number of the mods that we use have been ported to 1.3 and we feel that the package as a whole is ready. Track port progress on our spreadsheet. We cannot accurately predict how long it will take until we can update to 1.3 [color=#222222]—[/color] it could be a month from now.
Both worlds will be available to download, so in the case of Alice, feel free to continue on building. You'll have a copy of everything.
The servers are presently back up and running.
To keep up on any other issues, you can also follow us:
We've been having grave problems with the server, so I'm working on the issues. The servers are down for the time being.
Vincent and Alice are currently offline for maintenance and should return within the next 24 hours.
Vincent will be resetting very shortly for Minecraft 1.3. Until then:
- We need to build a new spawn. News about will come today or within a few days.
- We need a theme for spawn too. It looks like we're going for a wasteland possibly.
- We can experiment with new gameplay. For example, we can do a wasteland where being out in the sun hurts you, or all rain is acid rain that damages you. Suggest ideas here! You only have a few days to get these ideas in!
A member on the server found an nasty exploit that let people login as other players (that had migrated their Minecraft account to a Mojang account) but unfortunately, knowledge of the exploit spread like wildfire yesterday. The exploit allowed people to login to servers as the server owner or even as Notch, able to give themselves permissions to do all sorts of damage. The events culminated into the shutdown of Mojang's login session servers several hours in to the drama, and that's where we stand now. If you get a 503 error or an internal error when trying to join, it's because of the login session servers being unavailable. Please login using offline mode (check "Offline" mode under "More options" in the launcher), but you will need your server-registered password on hand.
This is also a reminder to keep your registered password current. To set your password (once you are in), you have to use [typed]/register your_password[/typed].